Hello everyone! Today I was cleaning out my bathroom shelf, and I found that I have LOTS of eyeliners. I mainly use a MAC pencil eyeliner, but for different occasions, I have other ones that I use. I thought I would describe how easy each one is to apply, and show what it looks like on. The four types I am reviewing are each represented by my favourite one from the categories: liquid, gel, kohl and my trusty pencil(some are high end and some are drugstore makeup!). Here we go!
All of the liners, (from the top) Kohl, Liquid, Pencil, Gel
My first one is liquid, and the one shown is Guerlain liquid in no3 (Brun Chocolat).
I've had this one for a while, so the packaging isn't very easy to read, but I hope you can just about make out the name!
How to apply- Unscrew the brush from the pot, and drag the brush along your lash line.
Pros/Cons
Pros- Smooth finish, sleek effect, long lasting, strong pigment
Cons- The thin brush makes it hard to apply in a straight line, just generally hard to apply :P
8/10 (if you have a steady hand!)
The second one is gel, and I'm showing the Rimmel waterproof gel eyeliner , in 001 Black.
This one is one of the newest, so the packaging should be quite clear!
How to apply- Pull the brush off of the lid, and unscrew the lid. Dunk the brush into the pot and drag across eyelid.
Pros/Cons
Pros- Bold colour, glossy finish, dramatic effect
Cons- Difficult to apply with a shaky hand, flakes off in the end, can be lumpy
7/10
Third is pencil (Yippee!), and of course, I have shown my favourite and essential MAC Black eyeliner!
How to apply- Just drag the pencil across your eyelid, like a pencil on paper
Pros/Cons
Pros- Easy to apply, good pigment, easy to remove, small enough to fit in small bags
Cons- Smudges easily, often needs sharpening, sometimes crumbles on eyelid
8.5/10
Finally, the fourth is kohl, and I have shown Guerlain (again...woot woot!) kohl, and I'm not sure of the name, as I didn't keep the box (tut tut) and it doesn't have writing on the tube.
How to apply- To apply this eyeliner, you dunk the wand into the tube, take out some powder and wipe the wand across your eye
Pros/Cons
Pros- Easy smokey look, easy to remove,strong pigment
Cons- Hard to get out of the container, smudges easily, doesn't last long
6/10
♥









No comments:
Post a Comment