Hello everyone! Sorry for the little break in between posts again! My posting has been a bit more random than I would have liked it to be these past few weeks, but I'm trying to settle that back down and be more reliable with posting again! Aaaanyways now that that intro is out of the way, I wanted to talk to you all about fragrances today, I personally don't have a single perfume that I wear every day, but I do however have a few perfumes that I really like and wear when I can remember!
In this post I will just describe as well as I can how each of these smell, and rate them from one to ten, with one being eeeeuuuuggggghhh, and ten being luuurvely.
Group shot! L-R: Intense Play for Her by Givenchy, Lou lou by Cacharel, Black Star by Avril Lavigne (inward cringe, but her it smells really nice!) and Poême by Lancôme.
First up I chose Lou Lou which I know is from around the 1980s, but I was reading reviews of it online and I had to order myself a bottle! This one smells really feminine (Can something smell feminine? If it can, this is how it smells.), its a bit musky and very floral. Overall I like it, but definitely in moderation, as too many spritzes of it can result in smelling like a grandmother and being all together a bit suffocating.
6.5/10- A bit better than meh.
My favourite from this list, I actually got this one on an airplane from the sky mall when I was on a long trip and had read the shopping magazine cover to cover around a million times! I looove how the bottle looks like a little iPod, and the smell is equally as modern. It smells of a hint of flowers, mixed with what I take to be vanilla, but it still manages to smell sharp, free and light.
9/10- Almost perfect
Okay so I was given this as a birthday present, and i really didn't expect to like it as I am not really a fan of Avril, but it surprised me and I really do love the way it smells. It smells very sweet, with a hint of vanilla and a fruity note somewhere in there. One thing i do have to say though, is that on the box and in promo photos, the liquid looks pink and as soon as I opened mine I noticed it was an off white- yellow colour, I don't know if that was just mine, but I thought I should just mention it.
7/10- I like it, but not love
Last up is Poême, I actually did have the full sized bottle of this one, but I lost the last time I moved house (around 8 months ago), but I still love the fragrance because it is so classic, timeless and it instantly makes me feel elegant, and I wanted to include it so I used the bottle that I've been using as a decoration. It smells very floral and sweet, and it definitely has a very sophisticated feel to it.
8.5/10
I hope you all liked this type of post, and I would love to hear from you! Do you have a signature scent? Let me know in the comments below!
♥
No comments:
Post a Comment