Monday, 11 August 2014

DIY Marbled Cake Icing

Hello everyone! Yesterday I made a cake (as you do :P) and I had a pot of vanilla frosting to decorate it with, but being the stubborn person that I am, I decided that only vanilla was simple not good enough, and I needed one more colour.
Base icing.

Second colour icing.


What you'll need:
A base frosting (I used vanilla Betty Crocker)
A second colour icing (I made my own by melting an ice cream and mixing it with icing)
A spatula to apply the icing
A stick like object to swirl the colours

Obviously I chose pink, but finding out that I has no pink berries, food dyes or yogurts, I melted down a strawberry flavoured mini milk ice cream (whatever works, right?) and mixed that with a cup and a half of my vanilla frosting and putting it in the fridge for 15 mins.

After taking my cake out of the oven and letting it cool down so that the icing wouldn't run, I applied a generous layer of vanilla to my cake, and after that I put drops of pink around that. Next I swirled the pink into the white icing and just let that set before serving (or eating it all alone whilst watching reality TV!).

Please ignore my lumpy-bumpy cake and focus on the icing, as I am not known to be the best of bakers!


I hope you guys liked this post, and be sure to let me know if you've tried this in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...